CCCS currently has 5 campuses serving communities across the northern Sacramento area:
Each CCCS site has been designed to meet the unique needs of their respective communities. To learn more about these campuses, please take some time to explore their dedicated pages on our website.
CCCS Mission Statement
It is the mission of CCCS to provide high quality curriculum, instructional support, and community and social resources to families and students in our community. We do this by:
- Implementing an innovative, data-driven, Common Core-aligned curriculum that is differentiated to meet the needs of each individual student,
- Utilizing data and research-based strategies to inform, measure and monitor learning in order to identify and support with integrity the needs of all students from the most vulnerable to the highest achieving,
- Engaging parents and guardians as integral participants in their students’ educational experiences,
- Providing access to district/social/community services and support, as well as mentoring opportunities,
- Building relational capacity between and amongst all school stakeholders,
- Develop social intelligence amongst students for future success.
It is our belief that all students can learn and achieve if we first ensure that students’ basic needs are met. We do this by connecting community resources and student support systems which create multiple pathways to meet the divergent needs of our student populations
The vision of CCCS is to establish a personalized setting, serving a full range of students, explicitly designed to cultivate their transition to successful post-secondary educational, vocational, and personal endeavors. CCCS students will graduate with a high school diploma and will have opportunities to gain skills that will prepare them for college, career, and citizenship. CCCS provides students with:
- A high degree of personalization, mentoring, 21st Century skills, college and career readiness opportunities, and a standards-driven core curriculum;
- A vibrant and flexible learning environment that provides equal access to a core curriculum for all students by adjusting instructional methodologies to address student learning styles, interests, modalities, and college and/or career goals;
- The ability to participate in a variety of supportive core educational experiences, in addition to a variety of enrichment opportunities; including Academy of Creative Arts, CTE programs, Online/Blended learning program, Service Learning, Community Impact Academy, college trips, & field trips;
- A partnership between students, parents, the community, and social services to provide students with support systems appropriate to their needs;
- A supportive, nurturing environment grounded in Capturing Kids Hearts principles that focuses on the needs and affirms the worth of each student.
The CCCS Motto: Conquer Challenges with Character and Strength
Community Collaborative Charter School (CCCS) is a fully WASC accredited K-12th grade public charter school offering a personalized education path for each of our students. Instead of the traditional one-size-fits-all school experience, we seek to motivate and encourage students to be independent learners. Our blended-learning model provides one-on-one and small group learning opportunities. As a result, each student receives individualized instruction and support from our teachers and staff. The personal attention and guidance is often the crucial ingredient to student success. The educational philosophy of CCCS is that learning best occurs with assessment driven, standards-based, individualized instruction within a full-service school model that provides access to food, healthcare, mentoring, and other services necessary to support student success. Students cannot prioritize education without addressing other more basic needs simultaneously. By applying this philosophy, the school creates the opportunity for students to become self-motivated, competent, life-long learners.
At CCCS, we provide high-quality curriculum aligned to Common Core State Standards, instructional support for all students, and college and career exploration and preparation for life after graduation. In addition to providing a multi-faceted approach to learning, we also emphasize the importance of community involvement and self-discovery. Each CCCS Graduate completes a minimum of twenty-four hours of service learning project time with a local community business or organization and has the chance to experience how it feels to make a difference. We believe that the combination of individual support, high-quality instruction, and personal development opportunities produces self-directed, life-long learners ready to meet the challenges of the future.